Wednesday, April 21, 2010

You make me smile like the sun

P H O T O  O F  T H E  D A Y
APRIL 20, 2010

A smile is a smile.  Some are returned, some aren't.  Some are fake.  Some are genuine.  Some are innocent while others are seductive.  
 
There are a million different types of smiles, and they all change by the emotion you are feeling.  And according to Info Barrel.com, Smiling releases endorphins and makes us feel better, even when you fake a smile you can feel better. 
 
And I am a firm believer on this.  I have talked to friends, my counselor and family members about smiling and the effect it has had on me.
 
---
 
I was having one of those days where the weather described your mood.  It was black and rainy with clouds -- pure nastiness and that was exactly how I felt.  I was walking out of Gabriel Brother's and there was this girl, probably four or five with purple sugar all over her face, candy in one hand a stuffed animal in the other.  I looked down and she was looking up at me with her bug eyes and smiled.
 
I smirked back and laughed on the way to the car.  I had snapped back in my mood by the time I reached my car.  As the week past, I could not get that little girl out of the back of my head.  I still cannot get her out of my head, when I am having a bad day.  She was so innocent and so precious to even have a care in the world.  
 
---
 
Today was such a good day, but as it called it quits, and turned out the lights it literally turned day into night.  Emotions got the best of me and I sat there crying wondering why me. As a friend and I remencised about our futures and I remembered that girl, and it changed my day back to being happy.  
 
---
 
Next time you see someone down or you feel you need to help someone out, but don't know how, share a smile.  It is the easiest thing you can do and it is even FREE.  Try it and see how it feels. 
 
---
 
Remember, I can make ugly, pretty!
Lesley
 
 
---
 
Even when you're gone / Somehow you come along /  Just like a flower poking the sidewalk crack and just like that / You steal away the rain and just like that -- Uncle Kracker

No comments: