Monday, March 29, 2010

Have a nice day

P H O T O  O F  T H E  D A Y
MARCH 28, 2010
Life is a very time consuming thing sometimes.  There are days where I wish I had about 12 more hours in the day.  I would use those extra hours to relax and calm down.  There are days when I just need to relax and let everything go for just a minute.  
This past week was somewhat trying.  I had a day where I thought my world was crashing down and I would not let anyone get close to me.  The next day it made me open my eyes and realize that I am only human and everyone has different emotions.  
There are things people say and can effect the way you think, the way your day goes, and the way you treat people.  Thursday was one of those days.
---
The other day I was headed to a party, and they asked if I could bring flour.  I stopped at a Walgreens off the highway.  I hadn't been to that store for anything but a flu shot in over two years.  I went up to the lady, and said, "Excuse me, can you help me?"  She looked at me and said "how can I help you?"  I asked her where the flour was and she lead the way.  I made small talk with her and told her I hadn't been into a Walgreens in a couple years.  She responded saying you should come by more often.  
As she handed me a bag of flour, I thanked her, paused and told her I hope you have a good evening.  I looked at her facial expression.  I think it was the first time in awhile or if ever that someone said that to her.  She looked at me confused and said thanks, you too.  
I am not exactly sure why I told her to have a good evening because I just usually say thanks for the help and continue on with my business.  Everything inside of me was telling me to say that.  So, I did and I left with a warm feeling that I possibly could of made her day.  
Something small and something so simple made me feel good.  I am not bragging about what I did because I want people to tell me how great I am or anything.  It is not my purpose.  It is knowing what you do and say can change someone's day or even make the smile.
Smiles are something wonderful to have.  Next time you are out.  Smile at that little old lady, the man who has velcro shoes on, the kid with mismatched clothes, or the woman who looks like she is on verge of a breakdown.  It might make their day even if they don't smile back.  They could think about it later that day and realized there is someone out there with a heart.  
Count your blessing and smile just a little bit more.
---
Remember, I can make ugly, pretty!
Lesley
--- 
I want to thank you / for giving me the best day of my life / Oh just to be with you / is having the best day of my life -- Dido
 

No comments: