Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Half-written

P H O T O  O F  T H E  D A Y
APRIL 19, 2010

Passion. Love. Is there a difference? 

Think about it. Take a minute.  Pause. Relax and Reflect.  
Did you do that?

There is a difference.   I am not talking in terms of romance and lust.  I am speaking in terms of things that make you, you!

---

Several years ago, I wrote poetry.  I had notebooks upon notebooks full of half-written poems, paragraphs that had no beginning or no end, and thoughts that were so abstract - I didn't know what I was talking about.  

It was a release. It made sense to me and that was all that mattered.  I don't share those thoughts with people because I am afraid of what someone would say, what someone would think.  It's all in an art form.  

Today, someone said my blog was well-written and it made them sound good.  It's not a matter of making anyone sound good, or making me sound good.  It is just the way I see it.  

As I write this blog, it makes me feel human.  It is a release. I was too afraid to write after my sophomore year of college after nearly flunking a class because I wrote too formal.  It pulled everything out of me.  I thought I wrote decent, but to him I did not.  

After writing freely on my own, writing letters, and attempting to do my own thing, I figured why not give it another shot.  I love writing.  

I surround myself in a such world of just graphics and photographs -- but that's only part of my creativity.  I love words just as much as I love design and photography. 

---

Writing is not my passion.  Every morning I don't think of what I am going to write or if I am going to write. But when I do I think things out and make sure they are how I want them to sound.  I can type something over and over again until I like the way it sounds.  It is obsessive compulsive.  I have conversations in my head of what I would say and how I would say it.  Odd, I know.  

---

I write things, erase, and type again.  Hit control Z and undo everything.  I need everything to be perfect. Like lyrics of a song. 

And here I stand writing to you about passion and love.  And before this I preached about my bucket list and the importance it played in my life.  Having a conversation with someone dear to me today, made me realize I have another item on my bucket list.  -- Write a song and have it be recorded.  

It seems so silly, but when lyrics end up facebook statuses and away messages it seems so simple.  Words can change the way someone things, it can help brighten a day or explain a situation that can't be explained.  It's something so magical to me when I know that someone was inspired by something so simple.  It could be selfish, but something that makes me smile and thank God I am alive.  

---

Life is too short to hold back on.  Go head first and over analyze something so simple that makes you inspired to do something out of the box.  Stand up and check your dreams - I am sure they are simple.  

Your dreams aren't silly.  They are what make you, you.  Is it love or passion that keeps you going?

Remember, I can make ugly, pretty!
Lesley


I am a light sleeper, but a heavy dreamer! -unknown.

No comments: