Friday, February 19, 2010

I have a Rock in my Nose

P H O T O  O F  T H E  D A Y
FEBRUARY 18, 2010
An oldie, but a goodie 
 

----
Today, I stopped into the dollar store to pick something up.  I walked outside and as I was struggling to pull my keys out of my pocket, I looked up and saw a girl with big pink boots on and leopard print pants on playing in this puddle.  She would just barely touch the toe of her boot to the puddle and then would stomp her foot in it.  As her mom was yelling at her to hold her brother's hand because they were in a parking lot, made me realize being a little kid is something that seems pretty cool. 

As we grow up, we want to be grown up.  As I grow up, I want to be little.  Life isn't bad, but sometimes being a kid seems nothing short of amazing.  Riding your bike, coloring, nap time, and not even having to dress your self, how awesome are those things.  Things were easy then.  

Have you ever seen a kid in a store or place that was just so awesome you wanted to hang out with them?  You wanted to take an adventure with them to the moon in a refrigerator box -- and be back just before dinner.

Next time you are out, high five that four year old kid looking at you with amazement in his eyes.  Try on those light up shoes you still wish you had -- if they still fit.  Buy an Easy Bake Oven and make dessert for the fam in it -- who couldn't go for a bite size dessert and I am sure the calorie count is low for those calorie pinchers. 

Remember, life is what you make of it.  Why not have a little fun?  Release your inner kid.  It is okay to smile every once in awhile.

----

Remember, I can make ugly, pretty!
Lesley

----

"The box says you can't eat them if the seal is broken. I'm looking for the seal." -- A young son, examining the contents of a box of Animal Crackers

For more quotes by little kids go to http://www.rinkworks.com/said/kidquotes.shtml
It will make you smile.

No comments: