Tuesday, February 9, 2010

That Lady has Red Hair

P H O T O  O F  T H E  D A Y
FEBRUARY 8, 2010
 
 
Why is waking up always so hard.  It is something I hate doing.  I wish I could skip that and getting ready every day.  It just takes so much effort.  I showered last night before I went to bed just so I could sleep in instead of getting up and showering.  I really hate showering too, even though I do it.  Who really wants to get ready?  Really?

You are probably wondering what the photo and this have in common.  If you look at it, the answer is nothing.   However, I drug myself out of bed this morning got ready and said put your coat on and walk out the door.  Get in your car and leave.  That is exactly what I did.  I grabbed my camera and headed to the studio.  It was a very productive day there.  I got over 900 photos, of course more than half were bad, but a lot of good ones.  It left me motivated, which was perfect.  It is Motivation Monday.  Crazy, I know, but it is something I do every Monday.  I get a lot done, but also take the time out for me.  It is a great thing -- Try it!

----

Today, I went to Target to get a few things, as I was walking out of the cosmetic department I saw this boy, who was no older than 4 -- I believe he was 3. He was sitting in the cart and just talking to his mom, then all of a sudden his eyes got to be the size of saucers.  He looked at me with amazement and pointed.  His mom politely told him not to point, and he could not find the words he wanted to say.  He opened his mouth in awe and yelled, "That lady has red hair."  And he kept saying or should I say yelling it.  His mom then said very hesitantly, "and it is very pretty." 

It was one of those moments where you smile and thank God for the little moments in life that keep you going.  I don't know who that little boy is, I may never see him, but I thank him for making me smile -- a genuine smile.   And in return, I hope I made at least one person smile today -- a real genuine smile.  I may never know, but I hope I accomplish it. 

It is amazing to know that someone is smiling because you smiled at them first. Smiles are contagious,  so bring 'em on! 

Count your blessings, shovel your neighbors driveway, put a quarter in an expired parking meter, or hold the door for an elderly person, but do them all with a smile.  Pass it on - it is contagious.

Remember, I can make ugly, pretty!
Lesley

----

I'm all for love / But I can't see the light / Tell me how to do it / Tell me how I'm gonna get it right / I'm all for love / I'm gonna try it again / I don't wanna give up / Cause I'm all for love -- Serena Ryder

No comments: