Monday, February 22, 2010

I was Almost Honest

P H O T O  O F  T H E  D A Y
FEBRUARY 21, 2010
 
 
----
 The title may throw you for a loop on this posting.  I can assure you it's not, and I am okay with that.  It seems awfully contradictory, but to me it is only the right thing.  
I sat in an English class my freshman year of college hating everything about it.  It was late at night and way overrated.  I hated the professor more than anything.  Everything I did for that class was very sarcastic, but I do not take a moment back of it.  As, I look back upon on it, it is everything that I feel today.  

We went around the class one day talking about where we saw ourselves in five years.  I didn't have much to say in class, so I just decide to say my dreams, but do it in a smart ass way because I knew everyone's dreams where straight off of MTV.  And to this day, I accomplished everything that I said in that class.  And I do not regret being a stubborn, immature freshman.  

I just started to look back upon that day not too long ago.  I often think of it randomly through out the day, should I?  I have no idea, but I am glad I do.  Dreams are something that some people make, but do not achieve. I dream them, and make them happen.  

----

Tonight, I was listening to Cleveland music awards on a local radio station.  As each catagory was called, I would get more and more excited.  Clients of mine won.  The best vocalist is my very,very dear friend.  Best Rock Band are four amazing kids with such a bright future and best blues is a very amazing friend. 

I grew with excitement as if it was me who won.  Then I realized these people who are winning awards are people I am working with, and people who I choose to surround myself with and people I can consider friends.  It is such an amazing feeling to know that you are helping people's image as they are helping make your dreams come true.  

There are days I question what I do and why I do it --  I feel as if I am getting no where taking two steps backward for every half step forward.  But then there are days, that I want to high-five and hug everyone.  But my friends, family and clients I tell you this, you mean the world to me.  It is great to know that people out there trust me and trust my opinion.  You help me get out of the bed in the morning and put my shoes on and start my journey. 

----

Who has helped your dreams come true? Or who have you helped to make their dreams come true.  If you think about it you are probably effected someone out there.  Yes, in a positive way.  I hope you understand that.  If you don't, I pray that you do.  It is one of the most amazing things to hear someone say thank you, you have made this better in my life.  If you don't feel you have ever been that to someone, please look deep inside of you.  You are absolutely beautiful.

----

Remember, I can make ugly, pretty!
Lesley

----

So come on let me see / I say baby you are amazing / I want to let you see / That you are everything and more to me / I will let you be I will I will. --Josh Kelley

No comments: